The Struggle

Due to a family medical crisis, obnoxious neighbors, and working late nights, these last few weeks have been overwhelmed with stress and anxiety. I feel like my routine has been completely torn apart and I can't seem to pull myself back in to order. I haven't been able to upload any photos to my computer either because the USB jacks aren't working properly for some reason. Oh the struggle. 

Things are starting to improve: the family medical crisis has calmed and will be over soon, the neighbors will always be jerks and there's not much I can do about that, and my work schedule will be stabilized in two weeks or so. I'm working on keeping my sanity together until this monstrous storm of emotions passes through, then I can get to work on piecing everything back together again. 

It's hard for me to admit when I have no control over a situation, to resign to the fact that I can't fix all my problems and everyone else's issues. I become overly anxious and insistent on making things work the way I believe they should, when really, I have to let go of the illusion of control. The only control any of us really have is over ourselves. We can't control anyone's actions or situations that are bigger than ourselves. It feels as if that's one of the more difficult realizations to come to as an adult. Maybe one day I'll be able to let go without difficulty. In the meantime, I'm quite a work in progress. 

Wise words from a dear friend.
Love, Little Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram