Sweater Weather

  
   I love layering, comfy sweaters, and piling on scarves. That being said, it should be no surprise that my favorite seasons are autumn and winter. I love the cold, cloudy days with rain and wind. I love them.

   Sadly, because I live in Sunny Southern California, I rarely get to enjoy that kind of weather. We pretty much have year-round spring and summer. When the weather does actually start to cool down, there are a few sweaters and scarves that I especially love to wear.

   The reason I particularly love all of these sweaters and scarves, is that they can be worn in so many ways that they make great basics, even though some have bold prints.







    This black, cropped H&M sweater is an absolute staple in my closet. I actually have two in case one gets thrashed or the color fades. It is pretty lightweight, which I prefer for my solid colored sweaters, because I can easily layer anything I want with it. The hounds tooth print scarf is a medium weight, extremely soft acrylic blend fabric. It is so soft and the black and white print lends itself well to being worn with many colors and other prints.





   This gray and black, polka dot sweater is from Forever 21. It's quite a bit heavier than the previously mentioned sweater, but still light enough to be layered over other shirts and blouses. This sweater hits me at a weird point, and depending on what I pair it with, can make my hips look excessively wide. Due to this, I prefer wearing this sweater with a loose tee or blouse underneath or tucked into a high-waisted skirt. The gray knitted scarf was a gift from my grandmother and it is the warmest, most wonderful scarf I own.





   This cranberry-wine and cream polka dot sweater by Manoukian was a gift from a friend, and I love it. It is very lightweight, but comfortable to layer with. This is another sweater that sits funny depending on what pants I wear it with. Since it's a little bit nicer, I will typically pair it with a skirt or nice jeans, and heels. The shimmery, black striped H&M scarf is lightweight, but warm. It is a bit nicer because of the shimmer, so I usually wear it with dressier winter outfits.




please excuse my nasty, thrashed boots
    Last, but not least, is the newest sweater in my collection. When I saw this gray and black fox sweater at F21, I did not hesitate for a moment to purchase it. I love a great conversation/animal print, and F21 does not disappoint when it comes to that sort of thing. This is actually a sweater that I feel can be worn casually and semi-dressy. And by semi-dressy, I mean wearing it tucked into a full skirt, tights, and cute heels or boots. I have really been enjoying wearing this sweater with really saturated, bold colors. Such as this deep red colored infinity scarf. I actually crocheted this scarf myself last winter! It turned out really great, and I love wearing it with...everything I possibly can.

   What are the sweaters and scarves you break out the most when it's cold? Hope you're having a great start to your week!


Till next time!
Love, Little Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram