A Belated Haul and Product Review

  

I have returned! With a bit of a Sephora haul and my opinions on the products I purchased.


   Back in April, Sephora had their annual VIB sale. This year, I planned ahead and created a list of products I either needed or was interested in trying out. I determined ahead of time that I would return any products that were even slightly unnecessary and lacking function in my life. So, even though this haul is from months ago, I've had time to truly test out the products and decide what was worth keeping, what I'd repurchase, and what I ultimately returned and why.



T3 Singlepass Compact Straightening Iron- I purchased this straightening iron because I'd heard an abundance of excellent reviews regarding its performance, and I was quite dissatisfied with the one I was using. I felt that I had to go over my hair multiple times to get it to curl or straighten, and it was causing more heat damage than necessary. After having purchased the T3, I must say, I absolutely am so impressed with the way it performs. I mainly use this to curl my hair, and it does this with ease, while staying soft and shiny in appearance. Additionally, the style holds and wears nicely for multiple days (I know this is in part due to my styling products, but it takes a lot for my stick straight hair to hold a curl or wave). I'm very happy with this purchase, even though it was a bit of an investment.

Sunday Riley The Power Couple Kit- This kit came with a .5 oz bottle of Good Genes and a .5 oz bottle of the Luna Night Oil. This was, hands down, the best deal I got during this sale. Not only was it a good price for the products, considering the cost of the full-size bottles, these products also made a massive difference to my skin care routine. I was able to see results after a few days of use. My skin seemed much firmer and softer, and what little active breakouts I had begun clearing up. Without a doubt, I'll be purchasing the full-sized versions of these products...when I can afford it. 

Belif Moisturizing and Firming Eye Cream- I love this eye cream. It does a great job of soothing the dry and tired skin under my eyes. It's a bit on the heavier side, so I may end up trying a different eye cream, at least for the daytime. 

Famacy Eye Dew Total Eye Cream- I had such high hopes for this eye cream; its claims sounded promising and the ingredients seemed to be perfect. However, I was/am allergic to this eye cream. Moments after applying it, the skin under my eyes would start to feel tight and itchy, and it turned bright red. I tried applying this cream multiple times with and without other products, and the results were always the same. Sadly, I returned this product. 

Makeup Forever Smoothing Primer- I picked up this primer because I've been noticing the pores around my nose and cheek area standing out more than usual, and I wanted to smooth over those. This primer has done the job nicely. I bought the travel size since I knew I was only going to be using it for a small area and not daily. 

Kat Von D Metal Crush Eyeshadow in Doce- Oh man, this eyeshadow is absolutely stunning. The pigmentation is awesome and the color is such a beautiful orangey-copper. I've noticed that if I pack too much on my lid without primer, the color will transfer. I do have hooded lids, so that could be part of the problem as well. Either way, I'll deal with the problem so that I can enjoy this beautiful eyeshadow. 

Anastasia of Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Heathers- I know that liquid lipsticks are drying, but this formula was ridiculous. I felt like the skin around my lips was slowly but surely cracking and flaking away. In reality, the color wore well and there was no flaking, cracking, or premature wearing. Even though I loved the color, I decided to return this liquid lipstick, simply for the fact that it felt so incredibly uncomfortable on my lips. I prefer my Kat Von D liquid lipsticks over the Anastasia formula any day and all the way. 



   I hope that my little mini-reviews/humble opinions on these products were of some, if any, help to you. Thank you so much for reading and I hope that you have a great rest of your week! 


Till next time.
Love, Little Mouse

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram