When You're in a Pinch...

We've all experienced the anxiety that comes with running out of a much needed product when we absolutely need it the most. For me, nine times out of ten, that product is dry shampoo. A few times it happened to be a brand new bottle of the aerosol dry shampoo that went flat after only four or five uses. It was exceedingly frustrating, especially when I was in a hurry. 

I made a dry shampoo mixture out of products I had around the house to keep on hand in case of future emergencies. I really love the way it turned out, especially the way it smells. The only downside to a DIY dry shampoo is that it's not in the convenient form of a spray can. Despite that, it is quite handy to keep around and use in place of the aerosol versions when I want to give my hair a break from chemicals.

This is what I used:
  • 2 Tablespoons baking soda
  • 2 Tablespoons baby powder
  • 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (for dark hair)
  • 3-5 drops Lavender essential oil (for scent, not a necessary step)
  • measuring and mixing spoons

I mixed all my dry ingredients in first, then add the few drops of Lavender oil (this was in order to minimize the strong scent of baby powder) then stirred and mixed some more until there were no clumps. I keep my mixture in a little Tupperware container, and it's stayed well over the last three months. 

In order to apply this, I use a fluffy makeup brush to press and dust the powder into my roots. I allow it to sit for two or three minutes, then I brush it through my hair until it's distributed well. 


I feel like this does a fabulous job of absorbing oil, and the combination of scents is surprisingly refreshing! Till next time...
Love, Little Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram