August/Summer Favorites

   So we're already a week in to September. Time is moving by far too quickly! I am quite looking forward to fall and to some relief from the heat. I am totally a fall/winter weather girl because I cannot stand being hot and sweaty, it's awful. 

   Well, even though I'm late with sharing my August favorites, I wanted to still blog about these items because they were really favorites of mine for the majority of the summer. So, this is more of an account of August AND Summer favorites. 



Makeup
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer and Primed & Poreless Powder- I really fell in love with these products from Too Faced. The bronzer is the perfect shade for contouring and bronzing, plus it really smells like chocolate. I absolutely love the way it smells. The Primed & Poreless powder is a really fantastic translucent setting powder. It's so soft and smooth, making it feel very lightweight on the skin. This has been THE most perfect powder for setting my concealer and mattifying my T-zone. It keeps me matte for hours, which is quite a feat when it's so hot and humid. Even when I feel my grossest and sweatiest, my skin looks nice and my makeup stays in place.

Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple- This lipstick has been so nice to wear the last few weeks, in fact I've almost worn it every day since purchasing it late July. It's such a lovely shade of redish-pink, and it goes on quite sheer, so it's not too bright or overpowering. The formula is very smooth and almost hydrating as well, so it doesn't dry my lips out like a matte lipstick would. I've really enjoyed it.



Skincare
Yes to Tomatoes Clear Skin Daily Clarifying Cleanser- This gel cleanser has been really helping keep my breakouts controlled. I still get a few deep, big pimples here and there, but I think they are mostly hormonal. But as far as the typical little groupings of breakouts, those have calmed down since using this cleanser the last few months. It's very gentle as well, it doesn't dry my skin out the way cleansers with salicylic acid do. I'm hoping continued use of this with the occasion use of my new Mario Badescu cleanser will really help to control and eliminate my breakouts completely.

Boscia Luminizing Black Mask- I got this sample size mask when the Sephora at JCPenny's was having a special on skincare products. I've gotten three uses out of it so far, and I really do enjoy it. It leaves my skin feeling really clean, tight, and smooth. The smell is also really pleasant. I'm considering purchasing the full size of it.

Daiso's Facial Scrubber- I saw this interesting little rubber facial scrubber as Daiso Japan and thought it would be good to use along with my facial cleanser to help remove dead skin and really clean my pores. I love the way it feels on my skin, it's not as sharp and pokey as some brush bristles, and I really feel like I get a good cleanse after using it. 






Clothes
Cotton On's Plain Black Tee and BDG's Black and White Polka Dot tee- As mentioned earlier, I cannot stand when it's hot, so I try to wear the lightest weight things as possible. So these two tee shirts have been staples for me this summer, they are sooo sooo light weight and comfortable to wear. They are both just a touch large on me, which is so great because they don't cling to me whatsoever. 

Gap's Denim Polka Dot Chambray Button Down- I've had this button down for a while, but I have really come to appreciate it this summer. On nights where it's still warm but a lot cooler when the sun goes down, this has been so great to throw over tee shirts as almost a light weight jacket. I think it adds a lot of depth and style to a simple tee with shorts. 

Forever 21 Jellies- I've had these sandals for almost two years now and they are still going strong despite the fact that I've worn them everyday for the past four months. I'm really impressed by the quality of these. The day they break or are too worn out, I just might cry.

Entertainment
I read a few books in August, but they didn't make my favorites cut. What I've really been enjoying is rewatching House on Netflix. Even though the show gets pretty predictable after a few episodes, I just really like the characters and the banter between House and everyone else. My husband and I also watched Jurassic Park a few weeks ago, and I still react the same way to it as an adult as I did when I first saw it at age seven. I just love that movie so much, so it was a lot of fun to watch it again. 

   Those are all my favorites for not only the month of August but the summer as a whole. Now I'm really looking forward to fall weather and getting to wear big sweaters while sipping hot chai lattes. 
Love, Little Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram