One-Liner Wednesday 01

   I work as a classroom aide with special needs students at an elementary school. Needless to say, I hear some pretty funny things come out of the mouths of these little ones. I've been recording the little one-liners that make me laugh the most for a few weeks now in my journal, but I think that sharing these funny little expressions would be a great way to spread some joy and laughter. These little expressions make me so happy and they remind me why I love working with kids. I hope that you, dear reader (if in fact anyone is reading this at all), will enjoy these little one-liners as much as I did. 
   As you read them, picture the tiny, excited faces of a little boy or girl and the emotions that might pair with their expression. It will make it all the more entertaining for you. I'll share as many of these little one-liners as I can gather on Wednesdays.
   
   All names have been changed...

Teacher: "Great job, Ray!"
Ray (2nd grade): "Yeah, I guess."
Me: "You're not happy with your work?"
Ray: "Yeah, it's okay. I guess."

Me: "Amanda, please sit down and don't shout in class."
Amanda (2nd grade): "You don't know me!!" (Shouting, of course.)

Teacher: "It's time to count how many days we've been in school."
Brad (1st grade): "Shaaaall we?"

Jesse (1st grade), giggling, then shouting across the room with a Mario-like accent: 
"I like-ah dah penguin!"
Teacher: "Jesse, enough with the penguins." 

   I love my job. More to come next week!
Love, Little Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram