I Did a Little Damage: Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sales Haul


So this happened. 

   Black Friday, Cyber Monday, all the sales that week. Yeah. I went a little crazy and spent all sorts of money on things I may or may not have actually needed. I have no regrets. Zero. 

    Let's talk about my purchases, shall we?

   This is an EXTREMELY photo heavy post, so if that doesn't bother you, then please click the link below. 








   I should call the next two purchases the "Kathleenlights Made Me Do It," purchases. Kathleenlights is one of my favorite YouTubers and I really trust her candid opinions regarding products, so I'm easily influenced by her suggestions. I know I need to exercise some self control, but this time I just didn't.

   After watching her November Boxycharm unboxing video, I couldn't keep myself from subscribing to it. I'm so glad that I did. This is a $21/month subscription box, and you get so much for what you pay. I really love the things I got in last month's box, I think my favorites are the purple mineral eyeshadow and the blush. I can't wait for December's box to arrive because the sneak preview they have up on their site has me super excited.




   Again, this is another purchase that was due to the influence of Kathleenlights on YouTube. This is a lipstick shade, called Lumière, she created with Colourpop. It was very inexpensive, and they had a special going were you'd get five dollars off your purchase when you signed up for their mailing list. I'm not sure if it was only for Thanksgiving week or if it's still going, but it's worth checking out.

   As far as the lipstick goes, I really like the color, however I feel it may be a little too light and pink for my skin tone. Maybe it's just the way I feel about it, because I've gotten compliments on it from others. My only regret is that I didn't buy the matching lip liner while I had the discount code. I curse my lack of foresight. 

   I really love the little card they had in the package, I thought it was a really sweet touch. I wish more companies did personalized little things like that. 



    Madewell was having a great sale on their jewelry, so I snagged a couple of bracelets. In general, I'm not a fan of gold jewelry. However, these pieces appealed to me because they aren't an extremely yellow gold. They are simple, and I think that's another reason I really liked them. Their simplicity makes them easy to stack and to pair them with other pieces, yet they are aesthetically interesting enough to wear alone as well. I love them. 

On to the Cyber Monday Purchases! 









   The first thing I did on Cyber Monday morning was jump onto Ulta's website because they were having some GOOD deals going. I picked up the Urban Decay Smoked palette along with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Tamanna  palette. I had a gift card from a generous friend, so I paid less than $30 for two eye shadow palettes (internally screaming from joy!!). But I had to wait for two weeks before they finally arrived. TWO WEEKS! It was the longest wait of my LIFE! 
(Melodramatic much?)

   I am most pleased with my Anastasia palette. The eye shadows are so creamy and pigmented, and the colors are beautiful. The swatches didn't turn out as well in the pictures (so sad!) as they look in person, but these eyeshadows are really great. I've been using the palette every day since it (finally) arrived earlier this week. My favorite shades are Gilded, China Rose, and Sangria.

   I really like the Urban Decay palette, but I haven't had the opportunity to use it as much to say what I love or don't like about it. I was very excited that the palette came with the 24/7 eyeliner pencil in Perversion and a sample size of their Primer Potion. I really like the shade Rockstar when swatched, but I haven't used it yet on my eyes so I'm not sure how it will work out. 

Not a Cyber Monday purchase, but who cares what order this goes in?!



   I was so over-the-moon excited about this Kat Von D Star Studded Eyeshadow Book palette. I wanted this palette SO badly, so badly. Every time I was in Sephora, I would swatch the colors and it just killed me that I couldn't justify spending the $54 to purchase it. So I kept telling myself that I didn't need it and that my life would go on without it. I was coping just fine.

   Then I went in to Sephora during Black Friday/Cyber Monday week, while every store was still having some pretty awesome promotions, and what happened to be on sale for only $28? Why, it was the amazing Kat Von D Star Studded Eyeshadow Book (more internal joyful screaming) that's what!

   I seriously love this palette. 

   This is another thing I've been using almost every day. There are just so many great colors, the shadows are so soft, and the majority are really pigmented. My favorite shade, absolute favorite, is Depeche. I am so sad that it did not swatch well, because it is the most beautiful shade of bronze. It's is not too shimmery, but it is metallic looking. The color is bronze-y but brown and warm. It's just absolutely stunning. 

   I definitely feel like the shimmery and matte shades in this palette are better and much more pigmented than the glittery shades. I haven't had the opportunity to use EVERY shade, because some are a little too intense for work, so I can't really say how well they all work when blended out over the lid.








   Did I really need to buy three new eyeshadow palettes? No, I absolutely did not. Will I be buying anymore makeup in the near future? Probably not. I think I'm set for a while with all my eyeshadows, blushes, and lipsticks. I promised my husband I would only buy replacement/necessity type makeup for a while now (not including my Boxycharm subscription, I'm keeping that sucker). 

   I hope you enjoyed this post, if you made it this far! Did you get anything fun and frivolous during the crazy sales? I'd love to hear about it if you'd like to share! 

   I'm really looking forward to having the next two weeks off work, and using the time to rest and get a lot of things done around the house. If you get some time off, I hope you're able to enjoy it as well!


Till next time!
Love, Little Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram