January Favorites


January is already over and done with, so once again, it's time to share my favorites from the past month. Let's talk about them, shall we?

 -Beauty-



Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer- I've been using this primer for the last two months, and I have really enjoyed it. It does a great job at smoothing over my pores and keeping my makeup on throughout the entire day. I kept getting really bad, deep cystic-acne around my cheek/nose area and jawline for several months, and after a process of elimination, narrowed the cause down to the Tarte primer I was previously using. So, as much as I loved that Tarte primer, I had to find something to replace it in order to prevent further cystic-acne. This Hourglass primer has been really nice to use, and I have had not been having nearly a quarter of the amount of breakouts I was before, so I'm really happy with having made the switch to this product.

Liquid Lipsticks- I am wholeheartedly on the liquid-lipstick bandwagon/trend that is going on now. I'm especially a fan of the ones that act similar to a stain. I only currently have four or five in my collection, but I'm hoping to be able to get a few more over time. I am particularly obsessed with the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick and the Sephora Matte Lip Stain formulas. I love the shades Vampira and Outlaw from Kat Von D, and even though the formula is a bit drying, the finish is perfect and stays on for hours and hours. I love them, and am hoping to pick up more colors from their collection. On a sadder note, I'm a little heartbroken, because my favorite shade from the Sephora Lip Cream/Stain line, 02 Classic Beige, seems to have been discontinued. This is absolutely unacceptable, I really hope they bring it back or I won't know what to do with myself when I run out of what I currently have. 

MAC's Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Quite Natural- This is a really nice, medium-deep, neutral brown eyeshadow cream/base. I have really been enjoying using this on it's own or as a base for when I use bronze and brown shadows. My new favorite thing to do on mornings I'm in a hurry is to use Maybelline's Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze over my whole lid and then blend Quite Natural in on the outer corners and into the crease of my eyelids. It looks like I took a lot of time to do my makeup, when I did it in less than three or four minutes. 



Indian Healing Clay, Bentonite Clay- This clay mask is absolutely amazing. It's just a powdered clay that you mix with Apple Cider Vinegar, but it feels so great to use. It has made a huge difference in my skin, and does a great job drawing out all the junk that's beneath the surface of my skin, including cystic-acne. When I can tell that a really deep pimple is beginning to form, I pop this mask onto either my entire face or the specific trouble spot, and it will totally draw the deep acne to the surface. If I use it on the same spot a second and third day in a row, it will completely draw the pimple/acne to a head and dry it out. I am so glad I finally picked this up. Best $7 I ever spent on skincare. 


-Fashion-

This City's high-waisted, black skinny jeans- There's nothing extremely special about these skinny jeans, other than they fit me perfectly, are extremely comfortable and flattering, and were on clearance at Nordstrom's Rack for less than $10. Are they of the best quality or from a well-known brand? Nope, but they'll do until I find a pair of jeans I'm willing to shell out more than $30 for. As of now, I'm quite happy with them and have been wearing them non-stop, which you can see in this post

-Home Decor-




My office space- We had guests staying with us in the beginning of January, so I had to clear out and organize our office so that they could stay in there. I finally was able to get my desk in order and my pictures/art collection up on the walls, and I'm so happy with the way it looks right now. I'm sure as time goes on, I'll move things around and put up more artwork, but for now, working in this space is really pleasant, calming, and inspiring. 


-Entertainment-

"Alibi" by Banks- I had not heard any songs by Banks until a couple weeks ago (I know, I live under a rock), and even though the style of music in not my favorite, I really appreciate her lyrics. I especially enjoy "Alibi," because of the emotion behind the lyrics that I absolutely can relate to.

"Another Leather Lung" by The Sound of Animals Fighting- I used to listen to the Sound of Animals Fighting a lot a few years ago and then I had moved on to obsessing over another band, so I completely missed out on their last album, "The Ocean and the Sun." I have listened to this album over and over again in the course of several weeks, and the song "Another Leather Lung," is definitely my favorite on the album. I think this band had such great musical talent, and that song really showcased just that.

XxSarahNicolexX on Youtube- Sarah posts a lot of great makeup tutorials and other beauty related videos. I absolutely adore Sarah's personality and because of this, I just really enjoy all her videos. To add to it all, she is so sweet to her subscribers and you can really tell that she works hard to continue to improve her channel and make everyone who comments feel validated. 

   What were some of your favorite things during the month of January? What are you looking forward to in February? 
Till next time!
Love, Little Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram