July and August Favorites


   As in love with autumn as I am, I'm a little bit sad that summer is pretty much over. I go back to working with the kids at school next week, and I am feeling a mixture of both excitement and anxiety over that fact. It's always fun to get to work with the kiddos, but I will be working at a new location this year and I don't do well with major change. I am looking forward to it though, as I know it will be an excellent opportunity to improve in my skills. 

   With all that being said, I missed posting my favorites from July, so I thought I'd combine both my July and August favorites into one post. Let's get into it!

-Fashion-


Blue and White Sheer Blouses by Naked Zebra (Marshall's)- As I've mentioned in a few of my previous posts, I'm really trying to streamline my wardrobe down to having as few items as possible. In the process of letting go of many clothes, I found that I needed blouses that were much more versatile and more flattering to my figure than the majority of what I was wearing. I happened to find both of these blouses at my local Marshall's and they are absolutely perfect. They are both simple and classic looking pieces, but also interesting and unique. The blue tank blouse has gold buttons that line down the back, and the white blouse has a zipper front as opposed to button front. They have been great additions to my wardrobe, and since purchasing them, I was able to purge the other blouses that I had lukewarm feelings for. 

Mel Sandals- I found these jelly-like Mel sandals on clearance at Nordstrom's Rack a few months ago, and I love them so so much. They have been great to wear this summer. They are so comfortable, but really complimentary to the majority of my wardrobe, and they are surprisingly durable. I purchased them before seriously starting to downsize my closet and journey into minimalism, but I am glad that I kept them through the Great Closet Purge of this summer (that is what this summer will be forever known as).


-Beauty-


Japonesque Rose Gold Eyelash Curlers- The eyelash curler that I had happily owned for many years sadly died and could not be fixed. So I picked up this eyelash curler by Japonesque from my local T.J. Maxx. It's super pretty, was very affordable, and does the job nicely. I mostly love it for the color. 

Pink Sugar Sensual Mini Roller Ball Perfume- I picked up this little roller ball while checking out at Nordstrom's Rack and I love this scent so much. It is the perfect balance between sweet and spicy, and the fragrance lingers for a nice amount of time after initial application. It was under $5 at the Rack, so if you see it, I highly recommended checking it out to see if you like the scent. 


Too Faced HangoverX Primer- I bought this primer a few months ago, but I didn't want to bring it up here on the blog until I knew for sure how my skin would react to it over prolonged use. I am happy to report that this is an absolutely fantastic primer for dry skin. It is so hydrating to my skin, it does not break me out or cause sensitivity whatsoever, and it feels very refreshing when applied. It smells strongly of coconut, but I enjoy that. I don't think I will ever buy a different primer, I love this one so much more than even my Hourglass primer. Which is saying a lot, because that Hourglass primer is very nice as well, but was quite a bit more price wise...can't say I'll be repurchasing that one again.



The Lorac Pro 1 palette- This was the palette that launched me into the world of beauty obsession that I've been wandering in for the last year. I was absolutely enamored with this palette for all of last summer, but since then have purchased so many more palettes and single shadows that I strayed away from using it as often. But I recently have gone back to it and I remember why I loved it, and still do love it, so very much. I use pretty much every color in this palette and the quality of the shadows are amazing. If I could turn back time and take back all of the eye shadows I've purchased over the last year, I would only keep this palette. This is a "Holy Grail" item for me.

Morphe Single Eye Shadows- Aside from all of what I just said about my love and loyalty to the Lorac Pro 1 palette, I really enjoy these eye shadows from Morphe. I've been working with them for the last few months now. For how inexpensive these eye shadows are, they are of excellent quality. While I will not be purchasing any new shades for quite a while to come, I'm glad that I do own a few.



Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks in Double Dare, Susperia, Bauhau5, Exorcism, Nosferatu, and Echo- Kat Von D released sixteen new shades of her Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in mid-July. And I completely lost all sense of self-control. As you can see above, I purchased five of the new shades, plus one shade from the original color line. I've already spoken many times as to how much I love this formula of liquid lipstick, so I won't go on and on about it now. Despite these purchases being completely counter-intuitive to my minimalism-move, I regret nothing. I love these colors, I love this lipstick. Love. Love. Love...



 ...I mean, look at those colors! Gorgeous. Navy blue?! Done. What more is there to say?



Nails Inc Gel Effect polish in Porchester Square- I forgot to include this in the collective picture, but I have been going back to this nail color non-stop this summer. It is such a beautiful purple-gray color, it is so flattering and simple, but still catches a lot of attention. I absolutely adore it. So much so that I bought a back up of it...because this was a limited edition shade and I just can't go on without it. It is sold out at Sephora and on the Nails Inc website, but I found that it's still available online at Saks Fifth Ave (the link above) or at some Sephora locations. 


-Entertainment-

Decluttering and Minimalism videos- I have been watching videos on decluttering, culling your wardrobe, using the KonMari method, and Minimalism on Youtube like crazy. Literally, like crazy. The more I watch and read about it, the more motivated I am to continue making changes to my habits and my life. I made an entire Youtube playlist dedicated towards these kinds of motivational videos, which I will link to HERE...in case you're interested. 

   Well, that's it for my favorites from the last two months! What are some things you've been really enjoying this summer? What are you looking forward to this month and this autumn? Thanks for reading and supporting me! 

Till next time.
Love, Little Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram