Good-Bye to You 02: Skincare Edition (and a little makeup)


   It's been quite a while since I posted another edition of Good-Bye to You; where we take a look at all my trash and I give some wordy opinion on each product. I probably won't be so wordy this time around, because nobody has time for that. Am I right?

Let's dig in...

-The Emptied-


Lavanila Healthy Deodorant in Pure Vanilla- I really love this deodorant, but I prefer the Vanilla Coconut scent over all the others. This won't keep you dry if you're a sweaty beast, but it will keep you smelling good.

OGX (Organix) Awapuhi-Ginger Shampoo- I love the scent of this shampoo, whether it's doing any "repairing" on my hair is a question that I've yet to determine. For now, I'm content with using it, so much so that I bought another bottle of it.


Zatik Beauty Lavender Licorice Toning Spray- I picked this up primarily because I love anything with lavender. However, the licorice overpowers the lavender scent, and it is quite unpleasant. I didn't see a difference in the way my skin looked while using this product either, so I definitely will not repurchase.

John Masters Organics Lavender Hydrating Mist- I absolutely loved this facial mist. It was incredibly refreshing. However, as I have found an effective recipe for making my own lavender facial mist, I'll not be repurchasing this product either.


Origins Night-A-Mins Moisturizer- I loved this moisturizer, it was very soothing and hydrating for my skin. However I will not repurchase this product because it comes in a jar rather than a squeeze tube, and I am at a point where I realize just how unsanitary and ineffective that is for skincare products.

Zatik Beauty Argan & Yarrow Sunscreen Moisturizer- I loved this moisturizer at first. It is a physical sunscreen rather than chemical, it does not sit heavily on the skin, and it has a pump. However, after starting a second bottle of this, I realized it was patching up on my skin and exaggerating certain dry spots. Towards the very end of the bottle, it started feeling grainy and gritty, which is the exact opposite of the way a moisturizer ought to feel. Maybe it was just a bad bottle, maybe it went bad after having it for a while. Either way, I will definitely not repurchase this product.

Caudalíe Vinosource Moisturizer- I absolutely love this moisturizer. It is so refreshing to my skin. The only downside with it, is that there is no spf protection, and as I easily get dark spots and hyper-pigmentation, I need some spf protection. I have already started a new bottle of this, so as of now, I mix this moisturizer with one that has spf. 



Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Serum- This did nothing for me, at least that I could see. So...won't be repurchasing.

Oliology Rosehip Oil- I like this Rosehip oil. Again, I'm not sure whether or not it's doing anything amazing for my skin, but I really enjoyed using it. I bought and have been using a second bottle, however I probably won't repurchase a third one after I use it up.

MyChelle Advanced Argan Oil- Honestly, I feel like this was the best, affordable Argan Oil I've used thus far. It did not irritate my skin or cause breakouts, rather, it made my skin feel properly hydrated and comfortable. I would totally purchase this again.

Tarte Maracuja Bronzing Serum- This oil was from Boxycharm and while I loved the way it made my skin glow and feel hydrated, it made me break out a lot. So, unfortunately, this is not a product I will ever use again or repurchase. 


Simple Micellar Cleansing Water- This removed makeup well, it does what it's marketed to do. However, I don't think I will repurchase it again. I found something better, which you'll hear about.

Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser- This is a great cleanser, I feel like it has done so much to help improve the texture and appearance of my skin. I primarily use it in the morning. I will probably repurchase this over and over again for many years to come. 

Lush Ultrabland Facial Cleanser- This has become my Holy Grail makeup removing cleanser. This takes off every bit of makeup without over-drying or stripping my skin, and I truly feel like my skin responds really well to the ingredients in this product. After I ran out of this tub, I went back to using coconut oil to break down my makeup and my face broke out with the worst, most painful cystic acne that I personally have ever experienced. I picked up another tub of this and have been using it for the last month, and sure enough, my skin has slowly calmed down and is healing with very few active breakouts. I feel like there's not much more explanation than that needed. 
  

Dove Dry Shampoo- This is a great drugstore dry shampoo, totally worth the price. Smells awesome, works well. What more is there to say?

Batiste Dry Shampoo- This is also a great, affordable dry shampoo. I don't necessarily like it more or less than the Drove Dry Shampoo. I think it doesn't dry out my hair quite as much as the Dove Dry Shampoo does, so it's got one more point for it in that regard. 


Argan Magic Body Butter- This. Was. Amazing. The smell was fantastic, the feel was so silky and smooth, so hydrating but not heavy. Love it, absolutely love it. I would buy it again and again. 

-The Used and Abandoned-


Revlon Lipsticks- I have, as you can see, quite a few of these Revlon lipsticks. At first, I really enjoyed them, but after pro-longed use, I realized how terrible they are. At least for me. The product pools and gathers in the creases and on the dry patches of my lips. It transfers quickly and easily. They just are not the right lipstick for me. Too high-maintenance. I've had them for a while, so I'm just going to toss them instead of giving them away.

NYX Round Lipstick- Again, the formula of this lipstick did not work out for me. I ran into the same issues with it as with the Revlon lipsticks. 

Maybelline Lipstick in Plum Perfect- I really loved this lipstick for the longest time, the color and formula is great. I've had this particular tube for over two years though, and it was starting to slightly smell off, so it was time to go.

Essie and Sinful Colors nail polishes- These were just nail polishes that were old and dried up. Great colors, it was just their time to go. 

Maybelline the Falsies and L'Oreal Miss Manga Rock Mascara- These are definitely my most favorite mascaras of all time. They are both excellent in bringing extra volume to the lashes. I do think the L'Oreal mascara is better at creating both volume and length, without causing excess clumping. So for that reason, I do prefer it. 

Anastasia of Beverly Hills Brow Wiz- Not much needs to be said about how great this product is. I love it and will continue to purchase it again and again.

Marc Jacobs Dot Perfume Roller Ball- I absolutely love this perfume. I finally finished off this rollerball after having it for over a year, so I think that going the roller ball route when you want to try out a perfume but don't want to spend $70 is great investment. 

   Well, that's it for this edition of Good-Bye to You. Thank you ever so much for checking in and reading and, as always, for your support.

Till next time.
Love, Little Mouse

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram