September Mini-Haul/Reviews

   It's been so long since I wrote and posted anything. There's been quite a lot going on. The most exciting recent development is that my husband and I found a new place to rent, and (here's the best part) it's a little house! I am beyond thrilled and excited to go from living in a tiny one bedroom apartment in a loud and not-so-safe area, to a cute and tiny little two bedroom back house in a really nice part of town, and within walking distance to the local library! It's more than we ever imagined we could find, so we are elated to say the least. 

   We'll be moving in to the new place at the end of October, so I have been busy simultaneously cleaning the new place and packing up the current apartment. Hence, the absence here. As annoying as the whole moving process is, it hasn't been too great a burden since I really love where we'll soon be living. I'm so ecstatic about it that packing feels like it's actually worth it this time around. I'll probably document the process, or I will at least attempt to, because I have a lot of DIY's planned for utilizing/decorating the space in our new home. 

   On another, and not quite as exciting note, I did a little bit of shopping at Sephora and Target during September and thought I'd share some of what I got. I actually got quite a bit at Target but when I collected everything together to take the photos for today's post, I realized that half of it was already moved to our new place. So that was a bit of a bummer because I was really excited about those purchases. I guess it just gives me an excuse to share them in a later post.

   Without further ado, here is my haul, click the read more link below to see photos of each item and mini-reviews...





   First up, Garnier's De-Constructed Texture Tease Dry Touch Finish Spray. Wow, that's a mouthful, even to type! After seeing Tati from Glam Life Guru (youtube) talk about this product, I had to go pick some up. As I've mentioned before, I have really fine hair, so I am all about anything that adds texture and volume. I've been using this spray for about a week now and I really enjoy it so far. A lot of the Targets near me were sold out of this product, so when I did finally find a location that had some in stock, I bought three bottles. A little excessive, yes but I did not want to risk running out of it and left unable to find it in stores again. I am aware that I'm ridiculous, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

   The other Target purchases I made were actually some candles that I'm super excited to use for autumn! I'll be sure to share them once I'm able to photograph them properly.
 

    On to the Sephora purchases. First up from there, is this amazing Pour Femme perfume by Dolce & Gabbana. This perfume is absolutely phenomenal. It smells sweet and spicy, warm and comforting all at once. Whenever I catch a whiff of it I just want to curl up under a blanket and drink a Chai latte while reading a book. This perfume is everything I love about autumn wrapped in a beautiful glass vial. I'm so glad I picked this up, it has quickly become a favorite of mine. 



   I also purchased two nude-pink items that I'm excited to use for the fall. The first was Tarte's Amazonian Clay blush in Exposed. I honestly did not want this blush for the longest time. I had bought a drugstore dupe of it and had decided to call it a day. But the more I saw it used in videos or blogs, and the more I swatched it in stores, the more I wanted the real thing. I finally gave in and purchased it, and I have to admit, it is the most beautiful, flattering color. I can see why so many people use it. This blush adds just the right amount of warmth and color to my face without competing with anything I may use on my eyes or lips. I'm really glad that I did finally buy the real thing, I don't regret it. 

   I also picked up Sephora's Cream Lip Stain in the color 02 Beige (it's sold out online but some locations still have it in stock!). I absolutely love the color, it is so pretty and flattering. However, I must say that the formula is really drying. I have to use it a bit more before I can decide if I like, love, or hate it. So far, I'm enjoying it, but I have to load up on lip balm before putting it on, then add more lip balm over the top of it as well.



   The last item I purchased from Sephora is another Tarte item. It is their Skintuitive Cheek Stain called Energy. This is one of those clear products that adapts to your skin's ph balance to give you a natural pink flush. I really love it! It really adds a lovely pink stain to the cheeks and lasts for a really long time. It is a tiny, deluxe size, so there's not a lot of product in the packaging itself. However, I feel like you don't need to use very much of it at once, so it will go a long way. 

   I can't believe September is over already! I feel like I only just blogged about my August favorites. Things are going to be so crazy over the next couple weeks though, so I may just combine my September and October favorites to one post. I can't wait to move and get to take pictures of our new home, so I'm really looking forward to the next few weeks even though they are going to be crazy-busy. Until next time!
Love, Little Mouse

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram