Boxycharm 03.15


    I'm a little late in sharing this month's Boxycharm goodies and a few of my thoughts about the products, but it's better late than never. 

   Or at least that's what I tell myself...



Top to Bottom: Previse Nutrify Tonic, Tarte LipSurgence in Charmed, Ofra Eyeliner in Black
   

   Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint in Charmed- I love Tarte, so I was really excited to receive this in my box this month. I really like the way this product feels and wears on the lips, and the smell is really refreshing. The only downside to this lip tint is that the color is a little on the pale and cool side for me to wear on its own because of my skin tone. However, I have been pairing it with a lip pencil that is on the warm brown side, and the combination is actually really pretty.

   Ofra Eyeliner Pencil in Black- When I saw some previews for the March box, I was really hoping that I would get the eyeliner in blue or green. But I didn't. I got black. Unfortunately, I have zero need for additional black liners. I literally have four really good quality black pencil eyeliners that I rarely use. So to get another black eyeliner was a little disappointing. Additionally, the quality of this Ofra pencil was really poor. The liner does not set and smudges very easily, despite the claim that it was waterproof and good for lining the inner rim. The color payoff is also quite poor, compared to my Urban Decay Perversion liner.

   LVX Nail Lacquer in Deco- I love this nail polish. The color is a very pretty coral shade that is perfect for the spring and summer. The quality and lasting power is quite good as well-I'm very rough on my hands and most of my nail polishes will start to chip after one or two days, this polish lasted four days before getting the first chip. That may not sound very good to others, but again, I do a lot with my hands and am in no way graceful...and I pick at my fingers which I mentioned in this post. Overall, I really liked this product and am glad it came in the box this month.

   Oscar Blandi Hair Lift Mousse- I actually haven't used this product yet, however I have used other products from Oscar Blandi and have enjoyed them, so I'm sure this will work well. All I can say so far is that it smells really nice and it's the perfect size for traveling. Haha.

   Previse Skin Type Nutrify Tonic- I like and dislike this product. I like the texture and the way my skin feels initially after application. I dislike that my skin feels sticky once the product dries down, and I'm fairly certain that this tonic was the cause of my most recent major breakout. I'm not sure though, so I'm testing it out on a specific spot on my face to see if that is the case. If it does turn out to be the culprit, it's getting passed on to a friend. I'm hoping it is not, because I like all the promises this little bottle makes of brightening and lightening my skin. We'll see.

   Overall, this month's Boxycharm was not that exciting and more than anything, disappointing. I really wish there was a way have the products tailored to your skin tone and skin type so that 90%+ of what you get will actually work for you. I didn't blog about it because of everything that was going on, but February's box was a touch disappointing as well. I guess that's bound to happen every now and then with a subscription service. However, I want to feel good about the money I'm spending on something and want to be able to completely use the product. So we'll see if April's box will be better.


Till next time.
Love, Little Mouse

Love, Little Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram