Is It Worth the Price? (Nails Inc Gel Effect vs Sinful Colors)


   OHMYWORD! What happened to me this last week?! I failed. But I am here now to redeem myself. Let's talk about some nail polishes, specifically a $15 nail polish versus a $2 nail polish.

   I mentioned in the haul I posted last week that I went on a bender with the Nails Inc Gel Effect polishes. I had tried the color Porchester Square and had loved the way it wore throughout the week so much that I thought it would be worth investing in a few more shades. 

   When my order arrived, I realized that the color Baker St. is an exact match for the Sinful Colors nail polish in Endless Blue; which I already owned. This was the perfect opportunity to compare the two brands to see how they stacked against each other.

Day 1: Left hand-Nails Inc Gel Effect in Baker St. Right Hand-Sinful Colors Nail Polish in Endless Blue

   To keep all variables controlled, I did not use a base coat on the nails for either hands, I did use Seche Vite as a top coat for both the Nails Inc and the Sinful Colors. I did not touch up or pick at my fingers for a full week. 

   On day one, both hands obviously looked quite nice. My goal after day one was to see which brand of polish would hold out the longest or wear off the best with rough wear and tear. I was quite surprised at the results.
 
Day 7: Left Hand-Nails Inc results...major chipping on thumb and moderate on index finger. Minor wear on other fingers.
 
Day 7: Right Hand-Sinful Colors results...significant wear and chipping on all nails.

   As you can see from the images above, both polishes were significantly chipped by day 7. While the nails with the Nails Inc Gel Effect polish didn't chip as much on each nail, there was still quite a bit of chipping on the thumb nail. For $15, I expect much better from a nail polish. Granted, I am not a delicate, graceful person; I jam my fingers and hands into things all the time, and don't wear gloves while washing dishes. I'm not surprised at the chipping, just surprised at how badly it chipped.

   So is the Sinful Colors polish a better buy? Well, yes and no. If you don't care about how quickly nail polish chips or don't mind changing it often, or don't like to spend a lot of money on nail polish; then yes, Sinful Colors is the way to go. However, there are a few things about the Nails Inc that I did prefer. 

   The Nails Inc Gel Effect has a far wider brush applicator than the Sinful Colors does, making the nail painting process much easier and quicker. The formula dries much, much faster than Sinful Colors polish. Lastly, if you take decent care of your hands and you're not recklessly aggressive with your dishes, the Nails Inc formula does wear away a bit nicer than the Sinful Colors polish did. 

   Bottom line: are the Nails Inc Gel Effect polishes worth $15? I really don't think so. However if you wait for the right time, they do go on sale often at Sephora. I suggest purchasing when that is the case; then you will actually get your money's worth. Until then, if you have to have this beautiful shade of blue, Sinful Colors' Endless Blue will do the job quite nicely. It's a pretty near perfect dupe-both in color and wear time. And for only $2 at that.

   I hope that you enjoyed this post and that it was helpful in some way. Thanks for reading and for your support!

Till next time.
Love, Little Mouse

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram