Boxycharm 08.15


   This month's box was a really, really good one. Let's jump in!
   (For those that don't already know...)
   Boxycharm is a monthly subscription box that sends you four-five full sized or deluxe-trial sized products. It's cost is $21 a month, but the products included always exceed that value. It is awesome. 

   So let's take a look...


Nios Shield Leave-In Conditioner ($26)- This leave-in conditioner has SPF15 in the formula. It is meant to protect your hair and scalp from sun damage. The problem I've run into with this product, is that in order to benefit from the SPF, you need to work the conditioner in at the scalp...by the roots...which is the first spot to look greasy...can you tell where I'm going with this? Applying a leave-in conditioner at the root and scalp of hair that is fine, thin-like, and straight almost instantly creates that greasy, dirty, you-need-to-shower-pronto look, which is what happened when I attempted to test this product out the other day. I think that this conditioner is not ideal for all hair types, or situations. It's really best for when you'll be at the beach or the pool all day, and your hair will look wet and dirty anyway. That's how I'll be using it from now on...

 

So Susan Statement Skin in Star Light ($20)- This is a crayon skin highlighter, and it is stunning. The texture of the product is very light and smooth, and it is so beautiful when blended out on the skin. I'm so excited this was included in the box this month! I think I'm set on highlighters for a good, long while now. 


MicaBeauty Gel Eyeliner in Black ($35)- This gel eyeliner is absolutely fabulous. It is very pigmented, and once it sets, it sets. I tried washing this stuff off my hand after photographing these swatches and it was not budging. I had to use waterproof makeup remover. I love it! I've been stuck hard on liquid liner for a while now, but after trying this gel liner out, I'm ready to experiment a bit more.

Seta Eyeliner Brush ($16)- This brush really is the perfect thing for applying gel liner. It is super-duper thin, with a very precise tip. It is both perfectly stiff and flexible, which is much needed in order to get very precise eyeliner application. I'm really glad this was included in this month's box, because I love it so much more than the other eyeliner brushes I previously used. 






Coastal Scents Revealed 3 Palette ($39.95...always on sale for $19.95)- I was extremely excited when I saw in a sneak peak that this palette would be included in this month's box (because I definitely needed more eyeshadow, right?!) Honestly, I really did not need another eyeshadow palette, and I felt that there were some very similar colors in this and the Revealed 2 palette. However, there are some shades that are definitely unique from what I already had, and for those colors, I'm glad to have received it in the box. The matte and satin shadows are definitely the ones with the best and smoothest quality. The glitter and shimmer shadows are 'meh' for me, but I'm sure will be pretty with certain looks. Over all, I'm pleased with it. I've used it a few times since receiving it and I've enjoyed it thus far. Would I purchase it on it's own? Probably not. The Revealed 2 palette is better in quality and I prefer the colors more. However, I still really like this Revealed 3 palette, I am happy that is was included by Boxycharm.

   Overall, this month's box was worth about $117, but it only cost $21. That is phenomenal. I seriously love this subscription box, I feel like there's almost always one or two products that make it well-worth the cost. What do you think about subscription boxes? Do you feel like they're worth the monthly cost or is it a waste of your money? I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for checking in!


Till next time.
Love, Little Mouse


   Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram