March Favorites


   It's that time again! A new month has begun, which means it's time to talk about my favorites from last month. I tried a few new things this month, and deepend my appreciation for continuing favorites.

   Let's get started...

-Fashion-
 



H&M Navy Parka- In an effort to reduce closet clutter, I weeded out several coats and jackets that were no longer practical for me to own. After assessing the remainder of my coat collection, I decided that I needed something that would be good to wear during fall and spring that was shorter, of lighter weight, and cut in a more flattering shape for my body. So I picked up this H&M jacket sometime in late February and it has been my go to jacket ever since. It is the perfect weight for the cold mornings and warm, breezy afternoons that we have been having in Southern California, and I love that the waist cinches in so that it is not quite as boxy looking as my other jackets were. I'm glad that I bought it in navy instead of going for black (my usual choice), as it actually fills a void that was in my closet rather than being another of the same thing I already have. 

Target Vintage Batman Tee- I have been on the hunt for the perfect Batman t-shirt for quite a while now (he's my favorite comic hero) but never could commit to any that I saw. Which is ridiculous because there are TONS of different Batman shirts out there that are awesome. Well, the prints are awesome, the quality of the fabric isn't always that great and I refuse to buy an uncomfortable t-shirt just because the print is cool. Anyway, enough rambling, when I spotted this vintage styled Batman t-shirt at Target, I decidedly pretty quickly that it needed to come home with me, as the print was awesome and the shirt was unbelievably soft and comfortable. It has also been my go to casual shirt-I love layering it under denim or plaid button-down tops with jeans.  

Madewell Solid Gold Bangle- I actually bought this bracelet awhile ago and featured it in my Black Friday haul post. Last month, it was the only piece of jewelry I've been wearing other than my wedding rings. I really love that it is simple and goes with almost everything, and in March I really couldn't be bothered with matching up jewelry to my outfits. 

-Makeup-


Above: Brow Wiz in Dark Brown/Below: Palladio Lip Pencil in Natural

Morphe Eyeshadow Palette in 35C- I picked this up from a local professional makeup supply shop and I have been using it like crazy. I absolutely love all the bright fun colors in this palette, the quality of the shadows are great and very pigmented, and the neutral colors are ones I did not already own (well, other than black and white) in another palette, so I didn't feel bad about purchasing this palette. I think it was worth the $20 I spent on it. I keep saying I'm not going to buy anymore eyeshadow, but apparently I'm a liar. I call it selective memory. For reals though, no more eyeshadow purchasing for me. I have more than I'll ever need. Hopefully I can use them all before they expire.

Anastasia Brow Wiz in Dark Brown- I'd been using the dip brow pomade by Anastasia for months, but after looking through some more recent photos, I realized that my eyebrows looked insanely dark and block-y. I decided that I needed to go back to using a brow pencil in order to keep my brows looking more natural when I filled them in. I also went for a color that was not as warm and dark. The Brow Wiz pencil has really been working out great for me and I think the color match is perfect. 

Palladio Cosmetics Lip Pencil in Natural- This is my end-all-be-all-perfect-brown-nude color. That's a mouthful. This lip pencil is the perfect shade of soft, warm brown and the color lasts for a pleasant amount of time. I have really been enjoying wearing it on it's own or pairing it with some other nude shades to warm the color up a little bit. The best part was that I got it for under $3 at Ulta because they were having a sale. I'll be stocking up on this color in the very near future.

Cinema Secrets Brush Cleaner- I heard about this brush cleaner from a Youtuber's video, and I was curious to see if it worked as well as it claimed to. Let me tell you-IT REALLY DOES! This brush cleaner is so awesome because it strips the dirt and built up makeup from your brushes VERY quickly, then dries equally as fast. The only downside is the smell-the cleanser smells like chemical vanilla, and that smell lingers on your brushes. That fact doesn't deter me from using it and my skin hasn't had any bad reactions to it, but it is something to note if you are sensitive/allergic to scented things. This cleanser is also a bit pricey, however I'm willing to spend the money on it because of how well it works. 

-Skincare-


Philosophy Purity Cleanser- I've had this cleanser for a while now but haven't really mentioned it on the blog, but I really do love this cleanser. It does it's job, and it does it well. I really came to have a deeper appreciation for this cleanser after the whole Ursala-cosplay-fiasco because it stripped that nasty grease paint off my face and body so well and so thoroughly. I can't say enough good things about this cleanser when it comes to removing makeup and dirt build up on the skin. 

Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar Eye Cream- I got this little sample size eye cream with my points at Sephora and I have really been enjoying it. It leaves the skin around my eyes feeling very soft and hydrated, which is a lot because I used to get a lot of dry patches on the skin under my eyes. I may end up purchasing the full size, however there are some other eye creams/serums I'm wanting to sample before I invest in anything just yet. Skincare is expensive and I want to be sure my money goes to something that will actually benefit me.

-Entertainment-

Big Hero 6- I loved this movie. This was the first Disney movie in a long time that made me laugh and then sob uncontrollably then laugh again, and I think it's because some of the events hit very close to home for me. I'm not even going to summarize it because if you haven't already seen it you need to just go rent it, buy it, whatever, and watch it as soon as possible. 

Steins;gate (Anime)- I love this anime, it is absolutely hysterical, the character development is excellent, and the story is really well written. I just watched it through for the third time with one of my friends who'd not seen it yet, and I was reminded why it's one of my favorites. 

My Chemical Romance "Disenchanted" and "Famous Last Words"- These two songs are definitely not new, but they have been playing on repeat pretty much everyday through the end of February and March. I feel that the lyrics in these songs hit a part of me that I don't yet know how to express, even more so now after the loss of my grandmother, so I think that's why I can't stop listening to them. Particularly moving are the chorus of "Disenchanted," and the verses of "Famous Last Words."

   Well, that wraps up my favorites for the month of March. Thank you as always for reading and supporting my blog. What were you loving or obsessing over in March? I'd love to check out some new music, movies, shows, or any other recommendations you might have. 

Till next time.
Love, Little Mouse

Love, Little Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram