Good-Bye to You 01: Beauty Edition

   I decided to start this new series, "Good-Bye to You," on my blog. It will focus on my decluttering efforts and my review of used/empty products, without being the generic "empties" type of post. I plan to hopefully have an edition up once a month. As I'd mentioned previously, one of my goals this Spring/Summer was to make a concerted effort to declutter my life. I've diligently been rooting out items that just are no longer useful to me and sorting them out into groups of things to sell, give-away, or toss.

   This month, I'll be focusing on the beauty products that didn't make the cut when it comes to staying in my collection. Or the ones that I've completely used up and have some opinions on. Let's take a look at and talk about the good, the meh, and the downright ugly...or just useless.



The Good and the Emptied...Products to be Trashed


Batiste Dry Shampoo (empty)- I just recently started using Batiste's dry shampoo, and I absolutely love it. There's really not much more to it than being a good dry shampoo that is really affordable. I, obviously, picked mine up from Marshall's, so it was at a reasonable price.

Maybelline's The Falsies Mascara in Black Drama (empty)- This is my go-to mascara, I love it so much and it never disappoints me. I have already purchased a replacement, because I can't be without it. The formula is just so perfect for adding volume to my lashes without looking clumpy or gross. The Black Drama formula also has little fibers in it that lengthen the lashes as well. If you're looking for volume and length for your eyelashes, I highly recommend this mascara.

Stila's Long Wear Lip Color in Lover (expired)- I purchased this lip color a few months after I got married and it was the most perfect red and I was so happy with it. Well, it's been almost five years since originally purchasing, so obviously this lipstick is way expired. I tried using it up before accepting that it was time for it to go. Stila doesn't even make this lipstick anymore, so I'm glad that I've found other reds that I love equally and even more. However, it was a great lip color in its day. It lasted for hours, and was very hydrating while not being too glossy or creamy. After a while, the cap didn't stay on as tightly so there would be moments that I'd reach in my bag and find red lipstick smeared everywhere. Anyways, it was good while it lasted me.

Tarte Full Coverage Mineral Foundation (empty)- I. Freaking. Love. This. This mineral foundation is so beautiful, it doesn't get cakey looking like some powder foundations. It still looks very much like real skin, just refined. I have already purchased and started using a replacement for this as well. I do find that it lasts longer on my skin, and especially my t-zone when I use a primer. It's great dusted over a light-weight liquid foundation as well. If you're into mineral foundations, this is a great one to invest in.


The Meh and the Space Takers...Products Meant for Another Home




Kat Von D's Studded Book of Shadows Eye Shadow Palette (barely used)- This may come as a surprise to some, but I am planning on selling (if possible) this palette. After purchasing this KVD palette back in November, I have barely used it. I was so excited about owning it, but just really don't have use for the majority of the shades in this palette. Additionally, some of the shades are really difficult and patchy to apply. So I popped out the one shade that I loved, Depeche, and sterilized the rest of the palette. I know that it will decrease the amount I'd be able to get, if any at all. But I don't care. I love that one color so much. Worst case scenario, if I can't sell the palette, I will pass it on to a friend who may want it. 

Maybelline Color Tattoo creams in Pomegranate Punk and Tough as Taupe (barely used)- I love the Maybelline Color Tattoo creams, however these shades just don't suit me well at all. I literally do not use them and never reach for them, so they're just wasting space in my drawers. Since they haven't dried out yet, I'll be passing them on to a friend who will get more use out of them than I have. 


The Downright Ugly and the Useless...Products to be Thrown Out



NYX Color Correcting Concealer Palette (useless and dirty)- I've already voiced my complaints regarding this concealer palette in this post. In addition to those issues, the creams have gathered a disgusting amount of dust and look filthy. I don't understand how that's really possible, because I barely used it. This is going in the trash.

Bare Minerals Mineral Veil (too old, too used)- A couple years ago, I loved this stuff. It really is a nice finishing powder. However, I realized how pink in tone it is and how unflattering it made my warm -skin look. I was holding on to it for the longest time for some reason, but it is just wasting space and old enough to just throw out without regretting it. 

MAC's Lipglass in Viva Glam VI (expired)- I loved this gloss for the longest time, but stopped using it a while back because I started to hate the glittery bits. Even though it's a very pretty color and gloss, my tastes changed and I lost interest in it. It's definitely expired, as well as not being what I look for in a lip product anymore. To the garbage it goes!

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Medium (too used)- I actually love the formula of this concealer, but this shade is just not right for my skin. It's too dark for spot concealing, too pink for under-eye concealing, and too used to pass on or give away. Therefore, it's getting tossed. 

   As I continue to use products, I quickly realize what will and will not work for me. But I like to give things time and work with products to see if I can get some practical use out of them. Sometimes it just takes a while to admit that it's time to let something go. But it sure feels great once you remove that little bit of clutter from your life and move on. I'm looking forward to continuing this series and clearing out the mess and stress of my cluttered life. I hope you enjoyed it as well, thank you so much for your support!

Till next time.
Love, Little Mouse

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram