Boxycharm 11.15


   So I've been negligent in sharing what I've been receiving in my Boxycharm the last couple of months. Honestly, I have been going back and forth trying to decide whether I should keep my subscription to Boxycharm or if I should cancel it. I've been talking so much here on my blog about trying to minimize the amount of things I own, and it just feels as though having a monthly subscription box packed with products that I don't necessarily need to own or even wish to own seems counter-intuitive to that decision. So I may very soon be cancelling my subscription to Boxycharm. 

   We shall see. As for now, I just received this month's box in the mail today, so I thought I'd share what it included and my initial thoughts on the products. 



Coolway Leave-In Treatment ($19.95)- I usually don't prefer to use leave-in conditioners because they tend to weigh down my hair. I think this product will come in handy during the upcoming cold-season, because my hair does tend to dry out more so. 

Pur-Lisse Pur-Eye Adore Quadra Benefit Eye Serum ($65)- The price tag on this eye serum is quite hefty, so we will have to see if it delivers on all of the benefits it promises; hydrating and lifting, combating wrinkles, dark circles, and puffiness. I truly hope that this serum does actually help improve the appearance of the skin under my eyes, because my under-eye area has been looking quite sad and haggard over the last few months. 



Luxie Rose Gold Concealer Eye Brush ($12)- This is another product/item that I'm not sure how much use it will get. I don't use brushes like this for concealer at all, I just find that they don't apply or buff out concealer to my liking. However, I watched a Youtube video that suggested using this type of brush for eye shadow rather than concealer, so I think that I will attempt to use it in that fashion before giving up on it completely.

Manna Kadar Liplocked Priming Gloss Stain in All of Me ($24)- This lipgloss/stain is very thick and opaque; goes on quite smoothly and evenly. The color is nice, but it's not one that I think looks the best against my skin tone. In addition to feeling iffy on the color, I'm not a gloss kind of girl; I prefer matte or satin lipsticks because they're less fussy. That being said, I have to give this product a fair chance before making any final decisions on it. I may end up loving this gloss, I may hate it and pass it on to someone else instead. We shall see. 

StudioMakeup Soft Blend Blush Sahara SBB-02 in Wildflower (What a product name, right? $17)- This is the product I was most excited to receive in the box, because I immediately fell in love with it. The color is absolutely perfect for the autumn, and the texture of the powder is very smooth and soft. It blends out very well. I'm so glad this blush was included in the box and am looking forward to using it!


left: Manna Kadar gloss, right: StudioMakeup blush
    
   So that's all I received in my Boxycharm this month. In all honestly, I'm only excited about one product, the blush, and interested in trying out one other product, the eye serum. Seeing as those two products separately would have cost $82, paying only $21 for the box doesn't seem like such a waste. Maybe. We'll have to see if I feel any differently next month. 


 Till next time.
Love, Little Mouse

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram