Damage Was Done 01: Sephora VIB Rouge's Beauty Before Brunch Event


   I'll be honest and admit that I have spent far more on skincare and makeup over the last year than ever before. Thanks to my #feelingspendy bouts, I reached VIB Rouge status before the end of 2014. It's actually ridiculous that I spent that much on just makeup...and skincare, especially considering that I could have used that money for other things, like a new phone or camera. As they say, hindsight is always much clearer. 

   But let's be real: I clearly didn't learn, because I did some major damage to my wallet over the weekend.

   Anyway, because I am a VIB Rouge at Sephora, I was invited to attend one of the special in store event that was held the morning of April 12th (so, yesterday) at various Sephora locations, called Beauty Before Brunch. It was a really nice shopping event that took place before the store opened to the public. They served breakfast-y refreshments and all products in the store could be purchased at 15% off. I was allowed to bring one guest with me. 

   All of the employees working the event were so nice, and very attentive. Despite the fact that the store was packed full of makeup addicts, it was clear that they were trying to take care of every customer present. There were a lot of brand representatives there that were sharing tips and recommendations for certain products, as well as giving out samples. Overall, it was a really pleasant experience, and the customer service was top notch for it being such a crazy, hectic morning. I was really impressed. 



   I was really excited for this event, because there have been some skincare items that I've been pining over for a while, so I jumped on the opportunity to get them at a discounted price. Even though 15% off is not a massive discount, it was still better than 0% off.  

   The first thing I made a bee-line for after entering the store was for the Too Faced Hangover-x Primer. I keep hearing about how this is a great hydrating primer, and that's exactly what I've been needing. I love my Hourglass primer, but it is just too much for day to day wear, and I don't want to use it up too quickly because of how expensive it is. So this Too Faced primer is more for everyday use and the Hourglass one will be reserved for more special occasions when I need full coverage makeup.

   Next, I agonized over a few different moisturizers I've been wanting to try. I settled on the Caudalíe  Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet, as the texture felt really nice and hydrating when I tried it out in the store. If my skin has a bad reaction to it, I'll probably exchange it for an Origins moisturizer that I also liked but didn't get this time around. I'm hoping it will work out nicely, but I've read a lot of mixed reviews on it, so we'll see. 


   
   Lastly in skincare, and the purchase I'm most excited about, I picked up the Foreo Luna Mini Sonic Facial Cleansing Device. Much like the Clarisonic Cleansing Brush, the Foreo is meant to help you better clean your skin. The reason I went for the Foreo versus the Clarisonic is because the Foreo's bristles are silicone and therefore are far more hygienically safe and will last longer than a synthetic bristle-brush head. In the long run, I will save more money from having purchased the Foreo than if I bought a Clarisonic brush and then had to consistently buy replacement brush heads. It was a little pricey, but I think it was a good long-term investment. I tried it out for the first time before bed last night, and I could not believe how smooth and clean my skin felt. I really hope it will continue to work well for my skin.


   I actually exercised great self-control when it came to not purchasing any more makeup. Actually, there were quite a few makeup items that I had in my basket and intended on purchasing. However, my friend that accompanied me kept telling me I didn't need this or that, or to wait on this other thing, or that I was soooo ridiculous. She was right. I'm glad I listened to her, she probably helped me from spending a hundred or so more than I already was about to. 

   The one and only makeup item I did purchase was the Sephora 24hr Waterproof Liquid Liner in Pool Party, and this was because it was on sale for $5. It is a beautiful royal/cobalt blue color, and the lasting power is actually awesome. This liner does in fact hold up to the waterproof test.



   Everyone who attended the event and made a purchase received a cute little fold over clutch-bag that had lots of little samples in it. Amongst the samples was my other little makeup item, pictured above, the Buxom Lip Cream in the color Pink Lady. It is a really pretty, creamy light pink. The smell is absolutely fantastic, it's like delicious candy. I'm looking forward to trying it out over some of my nude-pink lipsticks that I think it will pair really well with. 



   Here is the said clutch. It came with lots of little samples of makeup, skin care, haircare, and perfume products. I was very excited to find a sample spray bottle of Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream perfume, as I love the Marc Jacobs Dot perfume so much.

   
   The clutch also included a full sized bottle of the Formula X nail polish in the color Extreme. It's a pretty coppery-red metallic shade. Metallic nail polishes are usually not my preference, so I'm going to give this a try and if it's not to my liking, I will be passing it on to a friend. 

   Long story short, I seriously am not allowed near any store of any sort other than for groceries and household necessities anytime soon. While I did spend a lot, I feel that it was money invested in products that are for the overall betterment of my skin. And the great thing about Sephora is that they will allow you to return any products that don't work out for you, at anytime, without giving you a hard time for it. So if the skincare products I purchased really don't work out at all, then I can get my money back for them. I wish more stores had the same return policy.

   I hope you enjoyed this little Sephora haul. Thank you so much for your support!


Till next time.
Love, Little Mouse

Love, Little Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram